An air compressor can be used for multipurpose DIY tasks when attached to air tools. Many tasks like framing, nailing, painting, finishing, and several other tasks become fast and easy with the use of an air compressor.
No doubt, an air compressor is a useful tool. But before purchasing an air compressor, there are many factors and specifications that you must consider. To get the best performance from the best air compressor for framing crew, you have to select the suitable type and size of air compressor.
What Are the Characteristics of a Best Air Compressor?
In the market, different types of air compressors are available. But it can be hard for many people to select the exact type of air compressor for the framing crew. Before buying an air compressor for framing crew, you must check for following specifications:
- At first, check for the power of the air compressor. It must be powerful enough to create the necessary power and pressure to perform the task. In such cases, a pancake compressor can be a good option.
- Before buying, check for the mobility of the compressor. It must be easy and handy to move to the workplace or worksites. It is easy to move an air compressor from one worksite to another if it has handles and wheels.
- An average PSI for compressors is 90. Before purchasing, make sure the compressor is generating enough PSI. You can also use a considered air compressor of range 120 to 150 PSI for better farming crew performance results.
- To connect the air compressor and framing crew, you will need a hose. Don’t forget to buy a hose for connecting them.
- Try to select ultra-quiet and low noise-making air compressors to avoid disturbing the noise of the air compressor.
What Are Various Types of Framing Crew?
Framing crews are often used for different tasks like deck building, sub-flooring, framing, and fencing. Following are some kinds of framing crews that are often used for different tasks.
- Pneumatic Framing Crew: This type of framing crew requires a powerful air compressor. It is better to buy a portable pneumatic framing crew for better performance.
- Cordless Framing Crew: It runs on the batteries and fuel cartridges, so it does not require an air compressor for performing tasks.
- Brushless Framing Crew: In most cases, it can perform tasks without attaching with an air compressor.
The size of portable air compressors can range between 2-20 gallons. If you need an air compressor to work in your home or garage, you should select a small size air compressor. On the other hand, you should choose a big size air compressor for professional use or work sites.
The following list will help you with the selection of the right size air compressor for the framing crew according to your needs:
- 2-4 gallons’ tank size: It is the best option for indoor or semi-professional framing crew projects. It can be good for different DIYs, light activities, and pet projects.
- 4-6 gallons’ tank size: It can be considered for a medium workload. It is good for a single framing crew that needs to take outdoor.
- 6-10 gallons’ tank size: It can be the best choice if you need to run two or more framing crews. It is suitable for professional-grade and lasts longer.
It can be a difficult task to select the right air compressor that covers all areas of your need. You can become confused about what to choose because of the variety of air compressors available on the market. But there are some factors and specifications that you should consider while buying an air compressor.
Here is a complete guide that will help you to select the best size and type of air compressor that is most suitable for framing crew according to your needs. The selection of the right air compressor includes many important factors like power, pressure, mobility, size, and noise that you must check before buying.